People often worry about having bad breath, but it’s possible to fix it.
Bad breath can make all kinds of social situations awkward, especially if it’s yours. It’s not good for other people to smell it, but it’s also not great for you!
If you’re looking for ways to prevent bad breath, you’ll hear that brushing and flossing daily are essential.
But if you’re already following proper dental hygiene, what else can you do?
Today we’re going to give you some great tips for how to stop bad breath in its tracks.
Assess Underlying Causes
Oral health problems can contribute to bad breath. What is causing yours? Assess your health for underlying causes.
The cotton trick is a simple way to check your breath. Take a cotton gauze and wipe it on your tongue. Check to see if it has any yellow stains or a bad smell. These are signs of a high sulfur level, which can contribute to bad breath.
Gum disease is another common cause of bad breath. Bleeding, swollen, or irritated gums are signs of gum disease. Gum disease is another common cause of bad breath. Swollen, bleeding, or irritated gums are signs of gum disease. Over time, plaque and bacteria can cause gum disease. The best way to find out is to visit a dentist who has experience treating gum disease.
Other reasons behind bad breath include:
- Throat, nose, or oral infections.
- Medications that contribute to dry mouth.
- Medical conditions or diseases.
- Eating garlic, onions, or chilis.
Getting Rid of Bad Breath
Finding the cause of bad breath is the first step toward getting rid of it. Here are some tips to help you get rid of bad breath:
- Brush and floss your teeth daily to remove plaque and bacteria.
- Treat gum disease with the help of the dentist.
- Chew sugar-free candy or gum to trigger salivation in your mouth.
- Drink enough water and stay hydrated.
- Consume adequate vegetables and fruits to ensure you meet your antioxidant needs.
- Clean your tongue using a tongue scraper.
- Drink black tea or fresh parsley to freshen your breath.
- Come to the dentist at least once every six months for preventative dental care.
Dental Clinic in Burlington, ON
It’s possible to improve bad breath at home, but the relief is only temporary if you’re suffering from an underlying oral health concern. Turn to Fielding Dental Healthcare for dental care to improve your oral health and stop your bad breath. Put an end to your bad breath for good. Schedule your appointment with our dental clinic in Burlington.